It doesn't look like he enjoyed the hat very much, on account of his legs kicked out and the angry look on his face. Much like in the womb, he isn't a fan of foreign objects on or near his body.
Sam seems much more comfy with Santa here. They even raised the lid to his incubator just long enough for us to get an awesome picture! Santa was a great sport, and I'm so thankful he came around to visit the babies who otherwise would not be able to see him today.
I admit, at first it was kind of hard to wrap my head around celebrating Christmas with Sam this year. But after thinking about it, I'm really glad I got to share this experience with him. It's not what I imagined his first Christmas would be, but it was still perfect.
Sam's vital signs have been good today. He was doing well while we were there, too. He's had some bile in his mouth, which they are monitoring. They can't feed him as long as that continues. The nurses are anxious for him to begin drinking breast milk so he can get those nutrients, but he can't eat until his digestive system is in working order. Fingers crossed the bile issue resolves on its own and quickly.
As Sam continues to fight....so shall I.


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas my sweet Sam I Am. Titi loves youto pieces. Your cousin Vickie and I can't wait to get to hold you.
ReplyDeleteDear Little sister 2, blessed are you to be gifted with such a tiny tender yet perfect soul. I can only imagine how you feel as this was not your expectation, but do not doubt the miracle little sam is demonstrating to all who are encountering and learning of his journey; even out here in AZ. We love you and are supporting you with prayers. Thank you for sharing his story. Merry Christmas!! Love big sis, Diana
ReplyDelete