I wanted to get cupcakes or something for the NICU, but forgot. So, we'll do a nice celebration for his 2nd month birthday instead.
Sam has had quite the roller coaster this past week. Saturday night he had back to back brady desats, which got really terrifying after the 2nd hour or so. He did recover fairly well later in the night.
He is up to 14 ml of breast milk, administered over the course of an hour, every 3 hours. They discontinued his lipids two days ago, and his IV fluids yesterday. Today, they removed his PICC line.
That means - outside of an IV they placed for a potential transfusion on Monday (which he has NOT yet received) - the only tubes in Samuel right now are the feeding and breathing tubes.
This. Is. HUGE.
If he continues tolerating his feeding as he is, we will be able to focus on weaning him off of the ventilator and gaining weight.
Speaking of, he is currently 730 grams, which is about 1 lb 10 oz. He was up to 755 yesterday but lost a little bit. The weight fluctuations are still to be expected.
Here is another photo dump:
"She raised the isolette top...I'm FREEEEE"
"Hey, wait a minute...oh brother, not this again...."
"DIAPER CHANGE?!?! BLASPHEMY! UNHAND ME WOMAN"
"Ahhh, so much room for activities!"
"Getting real sick of this diaper change nonsense"
"If I pull hard enough I can get this contraption out of my mouth"
One last thing....SAMUEL TESTED NEGATIVE FOR MRSA THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!
One more negative test and he will come out of isolation.
I'm so proud of his progress and looking forward to watching him continue to grow.
As Sam continues to fight, so shall I.






No comments:
Post a Comment